Become a Nourishing Change Recipient
Three Rivers Market is committed to creating and nourishing a healthier environment, healthier people, and a healthier community.
To us, this means:
- Our local and cooperative economy is ethical, sustainable, and strong.
- Our community has access to healthy food.
- Our natural world is respected, protected, and restored.
- Our people are happy.
The Nourishing Change Program
One of the ways we realize our goal is by creating opportunities for our customers to contribute to their community in positive ways. The Nourishing Change Program does this by facilitating donations at the register to organizations that are also committed to creating and nourishing a healthier environment, healthier people, and a healthier community.
We will conduct fundraisers for organizations that:
- Are registered 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Are registered charities in the State of Tennessee.
- Are nonpartisan and do not advocate a particular religious belief.
Additionally, our preferences are for organizations that:
- Are located in the communities served by Three Rivers Market in Knox, Blount, Anderson, and Sevier counties.
- Operate with an annual budget under $1,000,000 and will be significantly impacted by the donation amount collected. Programs with budgets under $1,000,000 within larger organizations will also be considered.
A calendar of rotating monthly recipients is established biannually, and all donations made during the month will go to the designated recipient. The recipient organization will be a food pantry or otherwise provide free food at least two months each year. At Three Rivers Market’s discretion, the recipient calendar may be preempted to raise emergency or disaster relief funds.
How to Apply
Please complete the recipient application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nourishing Change” and your organization’s name in the subject line. We review applications in June and December.
- Applications submitted between December 1 and May 31 will be reviewed in June for July – December recipients. Notifications are made for this round by July 31.
- Applications submitted between June 1 and November 30 will be reviewed in December for January – June recipients. Notifications are made for this round by December 31.