Call to Run – 2022 Board of Directors Election
CALL TO RUN!
This is the time of year when we start calling on our active members to run for seats on the co-op’s Board of Directors.
You are ELIGIBLE to run for one of the three seats opening this year IF:
1. you have been a member of the co-op for a year or more,
2. you are not an employee or supplier of the co-op and have no other financial conflict of interest,
3. you attend a Board meeting in July, August, or September, AND
4. you submit a completed application by 7:00 PM on October 1.
You SHOULD run for the Board if
1. you value our cooperative structure and want to make sure our members are well-represented,
2. you want to learn more about the actual operation of the co-op,
3. you want to have a say about the governing policies of the co-op, AND
4. you are willing to devote time and energy to the Board’s work.
We welcome your attendance at the next three Board meetings, where potential candidates have a chance to ask questions relating to Board service or the election process. The Board
meets from 6:30-8:30 PM on the second Thursday of each month: July 14, August 11, and September 8.
We are currently meeting by zoom. Please register for the meeting by letting us know at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Wednesday before the meeting. You will receive a link to the meeting.
You can access the Election Pamphlet, the Election Application, the Election Code, and an informational video by clicking here.