It’s that time of the year again and . . . WE WANT YOU!
No, we’re not the U.S. Army. We are your friendly neighborhood Board of Directors at Three Rivers Market. Chances are, if you’re reading the Board News, you’re not only interested in the inner workings of your cooperative, but perhaps, you have considered Board service, or at least wondered what it is.
Do you have ideas on how Three Rivers Market can be even stronger? It’s recruitment time, and we want to make sure you know we have an election coming up. If you’re a member and appreciate the positive impact the cooperative has on our community, don’t just read the news. We encourage engaged members to take the next step towards active involvement: attend a Board meeting and learn about our Ends. Even if Board service isn’t for you at this time, we’d love to see you!
Explore Board candidate information and find the Three Rivers Market Board Candidate Application here:
To run for a seat on the Board of Directors you must:
- Read through and be clear about the application process.
- Attend one Board of Directors meeting before the application deadline. The next meeting will be September 8th from 6:00-8:30 p.m. at St. James Episcopal Church, 1101 N. Broadway St. This is your last chance to fulfill this requirement before the October 1st deadline.
- Attend an Orientation for Prospective Candidates by the September meeting from 5:00-6:00 p.m. (same location).
- Speak with a current Director
- Submit your Three Rivers Market Board Candidate Application before midnight on October 1, 2016, in electronic format to email@example.com.
The election period ends with our Annual Meeting, Tuesday, December 6th so mark your calendar, join us at our next Board meeting on September 8th, and don’t hesitate to contact the Election Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Jenny Weisent, Election Committee Chair