Rights and Responsibilities
Members have the opportunity to share in the cooperative’s net income in the form of a patronage dividend. The Board of Directors can elect to retain all of the net income in a capital reserve to improve the cooperative, or distribute some, or all, of the net income generated by members by declaring a patronage dividend.
Members also have the right to terminate membership as described in Article III, Section 3.8 of the Bylaws.
Members have one vote in the affairs of Three Rivers Market regardless of the amount of equity invested. Members also have the right to run for a seat on the Board of Directors.
- Shopping regularly at the co-op.
- Telling others about Three Rivers Market.
- Understanding our Values and Principles.
- Staying informed about your co-op.
- Participating in the governance of your co-op by voting in Board elections or running for a seat on the Board of Directors.
- Understanding that your membership is subject to the articles and bylaws of Three Rivers Market.
- Understanding that your Membership Interests can be transferred or sold back to the cooperative only upon approval by the Board of Directors.
- Keeping your contact information up to date. If you move or change your phone number or email address, you can change your information at the Member & Customer Service desk.